Thursday 11 April 2013

"Bird Facts!" 9

Well, I haven't got many things to tell you except "Bird Facts!" 9 and an apology for the lack of Getting Started With Bird-feeding. Also, I apologise for not doing a Getting Familiar With... post. I will get around to it but I also don't have much time here. It will be Getting Familiar With The Three Ducks (nice Three Anatidae streak going here... I'll have to do the Three Swans which works!). The Mallard (duh! everyone knows Mallard!), the Teal (aww mini duckeh) and the Shoveler (total huge bill). But for now........

"Bird Facts!" 9 I'm on a "Bird Facts!" roll.

The Kestrel, who earned the country name Windhover from it's ability to hover, cannot really hover. If you watch a hovering Kestrel for a long time you will notice the bird moving slowly into the wind. It rides the air. 

female Windhover not hovering.

(I am not dumb. I am deliberately making it obvious this photo is not mine).

No comments:

Post a Comment