Wednesday 10 April 2013

Broadmarsh List and "Bird Facts!" 8 with loads of ASCII

Hi! Well I learnt how to make owls out of keyboard symbols:


,___,
(6v6)
(_^(_\   
" " \\



here he is!

and for you who don't have the time.... a simple birdie face. ( *)> it looks like a Greenfinch to me which is one of my favourite birds ever. FOR THE WIN! 

Today I went to Broadmarsh to do a birdwatch (OBVIOUSLY...<:3 )~~~~~ i know. I done a mouse. luv ASCII) and it turned out quite well. Nothing in the giant nesting-box there still though. Here's the list!:

The lagoons:
c10 Shoveler (courting pair awwww! I\___( o)> ♥ <(o )___/I DUCKEH LUVVIN)
5 Mallard (surprisingly few I\___( o)> DUCKEH!)
c10 Teal (Eurasian Teal, not any British rarities <(o )___/I  MORE DUCKEH! okay thats enough           ASCII)
2 Mute Swan (pen on nest cob defending her)
5 Goldeneye
c10 Tufted Duck
5 Pochard
c5 Wigeon
1 Shelduck
c200 Black-headed Gull (all ad br)      
1 Yellow Wagtail
1 Grey Wagtail    
2 Pied Wagtail
c20 mixed titmice (Great, Blue, Willow/Marsh (very hard to tell), Coal)           


elsewhere:
c50 Pale-bellied Brent Goose (small flock)
3 Herring-gull (2 ad br 1 juv 1w)
1 Canadian Goose (lone goose!)
c20 Wood Pigeon


Plum blossom (did you notice the self-fertilisation fail?)
drake Shoveler
a different drake Shoveler
I did have a Canadian Goose picture but I lost it.
There was also some rabbits ( (\__/)  BUNNEH! I just had to do that one.)
                                                          (='.'=)
                                                          (")_(")

"Bird Facts!" 8

The Rock Dove (US Wild Pigeon) is very clever among birds. One can recognise itself in a mirror. Feral Pigeons (Town Doves) are a subspecies of Rock Dove and they come in many patterns and colours. This is because a Feral Pigeon knows what pattern it has itself, and always chooses a mate of a different colour or pattern therefore widening the gene pool.





2 comments:

  1. The BUNNEH and OWL failed. sorry. They should be like this:

    Bunneh (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    Owl ,___,
    (6v6) but I was using a different
    (_^(_) font then.
    " "\\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BUT THEY STILL FAILED. Bwoggah No Like ASCII! to say it in I Can Has A Cheezburger style. Please check out that website if you like ridiculous-but-funny stuff like me. BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (I went Adam Buxton (Dr Buckles) mode then)

      Delete